About our Chapter
The Scottsdale Chapter has 288 active members providing hands-on volunteer service for over 30 philanthropies and contributes over 7,300 hours to our local community each year.
The National Charity League experience is designed as a six-year program, running from April 1 to March 31. Mothers are known as ‘Patronesses’ and the daughters are called ‘Ticktockers’. Membership requires a commitment of time, service and financial obligation.
Each year members are required to:
- Perform a minimum number of Philanthropy and League (leadership) service hours.
- Attend monthly Chapter Meetings or Grade Level meetings (daughters only)
- Participate in Chapter cultural events (Annual Mother Daughter Tea, Recognition Luncheon)
- Serve in a leadership position as a grade level officer, committee chair or board member
- Meet the financial obligation
National Charity League, Inc. is a sponsorship organization. This means that in order to receive membership in this organization, you need to be sponsored by an active, current member. The annual membership drive begins in September and ends in January of your daughter’s 6th grade year. Mothers with daughters entering the 7th grade through 9th grade are eligible for membership. For 8th and 9th grades spaces are limited to only filling vacancies; however, siblings are given priority.
Membership provides three kinds of experiences
- Building a legacy of community service and volunteerism
- Developing essential skills for the future
- Teaching and reinforcing time honored tasks, such as sending hand written thank you notes and participating in cultural events
National Charity League encourages mothers and daughters to learn, grow and model responsibility and graciousness together. It empowers women with the confidence to lead, nurtures mentorship and inspires a legacy of social awareness and compassion. NCL Inc., has established core values that are essential to the character and spirit of our culture.